Winners are selected from hundreds of entries judged by an industry panel of mutual fund marketing and communications executives. Communicators who drive industry messaging identify peer feedback as an invaluable and insightful tool for assessing their communications efforts. Each entry will receive a critique that highlights strengths and areas for improvement and judges evaluate STAR award entries based on the applicable criteria below.
Judging Criteria for individual awards:
• Effectiveness: Entry results satisfy the objectives outlined in the online entry form
• Messaging: Concepts, philosophies, missions and goals are explained in a simple and effective manner
• Educational Value: The piece successfully informs and educates its audience
• Innovation: The entry harnesses fresh communication tactics for delivering key messaging to target audiences in a new way
• User Experience: Entries will be assessed on functionality, structure of the content, ability to locate information and key messaging with ease, navigate and execute necessary tasks and actions
• Design: The entry will be assessed for creative, innovative design