The STAR Awards offer many benefits to participants:
- The STAR Awards are the investment management industry’s preeminent awards program, recognizing excellence and innovation in education and marketing communications to investors and advisors.
- Entries are judged by industry professionals, offering insightful feedback.
- Every entry receives an Evaluation Scorecard, which provides vital assessment and valuable feedback that teams can use to assess their efforts.
- STAR encourages teamwork, excellence and innovation and assists in elevating education efforts and promotes communications effectiveness and financial literacy.
- Award winners are announced at the STAR Awards in Chicago, where they are recognized and all participants celebrate with their industry colleagues
- Winner and their firms are announced and recognized in press releases to publications and industry media outlets.
- Overall winners, those receiving top honors in key categories, are invited to participate in a podcast series produced by IMPRINT to offer their expertise regarding education communications and marketing efforts and trends they see in the investment management industry.
- All winners are given the STAR logo to place on winning materials.
- All winning entries are showcased on the STAR website.
Here’s what past participants have to say about the STAR Awards
“The STAR Awards event is unique because not only are you recognized for all the hard work that goes into your marketing and communication efforts, you are able to learn from your competition. It’s always helpful to see what other firms are doing, whether they are the same size firm as yours or in a completely different category. At U.S. Global Investors two of our key values are recognition of achievement as well as curiosity to learn and improve. The STAR Awards is a perfect example of both.”
— Holly MacRossin, U.S. Global Investors
“At Royce, we’ve always seen the Star Awards program as a wonderful opportunity to get together with our peers and see the very best materials that our industry has to offer. It’s a time to share ideas and see what our counterparts and competitors are doing—which has definitely helped to sharpen our thinking and improve our work.”
— John Davis, Royce & Associates/The Royce Funds
“The STAR Awards program does so much for our organization. In submitting our pieces, we take the opportunity to take stock of our best work and to identify what is special about it; as judges we are able to see a wide range of content and collateral and to take note of best practices; and when we win an award the recognition from industry peers is truly meaningful. The STAR Awards evening is a fun celebration, and a great networking opportunity too!”
— Vicki Lester, Columbia Threadneedle
“As a small fund complex, we were not sure if we could compete for the prestigious Community Investment Award. Win or not, the journey of compiling community service highlights from the past four decades was truly gratifying. It reinforced that we are fulfilling our founder’s vision that our culture pushes associates to use their energy, time, and talent to serve others and make life better for all — our investors, associates, and community. It was also an impetus to raise the benchmark for our giving to the surrounding region. We display the MFEA Community Investment Award in our lobby with great pride!”
— Fenimore Asset Management