The STAR Awards offer many benefits to participants:
- The STAR Awards are the investment management industry’s preeminent awards program, recognizing excellence and innovation in education and marketing communications to investors and advisors.
- Entries are judged by industry professionals, offering insightful feedback.
- Every entry receives an Evaluation Scorecard, which provides vital assessment and valuable feedback that teams can use to assess their efforts.
- STAR encourages teamwork, excellence and innovation and assists in elevating education efforts and promotes communications effectiveness and financial literacy.
- Award winners are announced at the STAR Awards in Chicago, where they are recognized and all participants celebrate with their industry colleagues
- Winner and their firms are announced and recognized in press releases to publications and industry media outlets.
- Overall winners, those receiving top honors in key categories, are invited to participate in a podcast series produced by IMPRINT to offer their expertise regarding education communications and marketing efforts and trends they see in the investment management industry.
- All winners are given the STAR logo to place on winning materials.
- All winning entries are showcased on the STAR website.
Here’s what past participants have to say about the STAR Awards
“Every year, we look forward to attending the STAR Awards alongside our peers. The awards program provides an unparalleled setting to view the best in education and marketing efforts within our industry. At T. Rowe Price, we take pride in our firm’s long-standing commitment to educating and guiding clients in their retirement and investment decisions. Having a platform to showcase our work, and learn from the success of others, is invaluable for our organization.” — Natalie W., T. Rowe Price
“I enjoy participating in the IMEA STAR Awards program because it gives our firm the opportunity to step back and take a look at everything we’ve produced over the course of a year. As we gather material to submit our entries, we are reminded of the wonderful or new things we tried, we are reminded of what we could improve upon, and we are reminded of what we would still like to accomplish. The STAR Awards event is unique because not only are you recognized for all the hard work that goes into your marketing and communication efforts, you are able to learn from your competition. It’s always helpful to see what other firms are doing, whether they are the same size firm as yours or in a completely different category. At U.S. Global Investors two of our key values are recognition of achievement as well as curiosity to learn and improve. The STAR Awards is a perfect example of both.” — Holly M., U.S. Global Investors
“At Royce, we’ve always seen the Star Awards program as a wonderful opportunity to get together with our peers and see the very best materials that our industry has to offer. It’s a time to share ideas and see what our counterparts and competitors are doing—which has definitely helped to sharpen our thinking and improve our work.” — John D., Royce & Associates/The Royce Funds
“For 22 years, STAR Awards have been presented to investment management firms for outstanding achievements in education, communications and innovation. Each year the industry continues to raise the bar in the area of education and IMEA is honored to recognize those exceptional outstanding efforts. Participating teams indicate taking home a STAR brings them closer together and is an especially fulfilling accomplishment as winners are evaluated by peers. “
— Kimber Lintz, Director of MFEA
|Small||Up to $10B|
|Medium||Over $10B and up to $50B|
|Large||Over $50B and up to $150B|
|Large +||Over $150B|
Member: $350/entry | Non-Member: $500/entry